If yes, please list the brand names below:
How many IC's do you have under written contract?
How many years have you been operating as a host agency?
Do you have referral agents?
If yes, how much of your business is from referral agents?
Do you issue your own photo ID membership cards?
Has your company ever filed for protection under bankruptcy laws?
Does your company have any pending litigation with any travel industry issues?
Have you, or any officers of your company, ever been convicted of a felony?
Application for PATH Membership - Host Agencies – PART II
The information contained in this portion of the application allows PATH to do a background check on the company as well as the person listed below as an Officer or Stockholder of the Host Agency applicant.
A separate, non-refundable check in the amount of $50.00 must also accompany this Part II of the application.
Suffix (If applicable):
Officer Stockholder %:
Date of Birth:
Social Security #:
By signing this application you are giving permission to PATH to have a business and
credit background check of the person named above and hereby releases PATH of any
claims of any nature against PATH.
APPLICATION FOR PATH MEMBERSHIP – HOST AGENCIES – PART III
I authorize an investigation of all statements contained in this application, all of which are accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge.
I UNDERSTAND THE MISREPRESENTATION OR OMISSION OF FACTS MAY BE CONSIDERED CAUSE FOR DENIAL OR CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP.
I AGREE TO ABIDE BY PATH’S PRINCIPLES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT AND ETHICS AND WILL ACCEPT THEIR TERMS WITHOUT RESERVATION.
I AGREE TO ADVISE PATH’S EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF ANY CHANGES OF CONTROL, FIRM NAME, LOCATION OF BUSINESS OR OTHER PERTINENT MATTERS.
The Applicant represents and warrants that it is familiar with the PATH’s. By-Laws and Code of Ethics and agrees to comply with said By-Laws and Code of Ethics in all respects. By applying for membership and executing this application, the Applicant authorizes PATH to announce and give notice to the travel industry and the public of its application for membership and of any rejection, termination or suspension,for any reason, of its membership in PATH.
The Applicant understands and accepts that in the event of the rejection, termination or suspension, for any reason, of its membership in PATH an announcement and notice thereof shall be communicated to the travel industry and the public by PATH.
Applicant hereby waives and releases any claims that might accrue to it against PATH, its members, directors, officers and agents on account of any rejection, termination or suspension of membership in PATH, for any reason, or any announcement or notice thereof and agrees and consents not to sue PATH, its members, directors, officers or agents or commence any proceeding against any of them in connection with or relating to any rejection, termination or suspension of membership in PATH or any announcement or notice thereof.
APPLICATION FOR PATH MEMBERSHIP – HOST AGENCIES – PART IV
CONSENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
As an Active Member of PATH, as a prerequisite to the acceptance of its membership by PATH and to induce PATH to accept it as an Active Member, hereby consents to the subject to and agrees to comply with the PATH By-Laws, Rules and Regulations and Principles of Professional Conduct and Ethics, as they may be amended from time to time.
The undersigned further agrees that all claims, disputes, cases,controversies and litigation involving PATH or arising in connection with the undersigned’s membership in PATH shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to applicable conflict of laws principles and shall be arbitrated exclusively within the State of Florida.
The parties hereto agree to submit to arbitration within the State of Florida and delivery process by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, shall be deemed sufficient service of process.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TRAVEL HOSTS, INC.MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
HOST MEMBERS ANNUAL DUES: $ 300.00
ARTICLE IV. REQUIREMENTS FOR HOST MEMBERS
- Must be a member of ARC, CLIA or IATAN and be in good standing.
- Minimum 25 Independent Contractor Agents/Affiliates under written contract.
- Has/have minimum of three years in Travel operating substantially, as defined in best practices, as a “Host” Agency.
- Must not market their service emphasis on Travel Agent discounts and benefits.
- Must not market their services as part of a consumer recruitment process with benefits resembling a “pyramid” scheme.
- Carries a minimum of $ 1,000,000 in E & O Insurance.
- Each member must have a written contract between the Host Agency and its Independent Contractor Agent.
- That each member is committed to paying its Independent Contractor commissions based on its stated policy and does not have unresolved Independent Contractor complaints.
- Each member must adhere to the organization’s “Code of Ethics” and performance standards as well as adhering and promoting the “Principles of Travel Professional Ethics” to its Independent Travel Agents.
- Must be legally licensed and bonded in all jurisdictions in which it does business.
- Must certify that there are no pending Travel industry lawsuits concerning the payment of agent commissions and/or fraudulent practices.
- Must report any suspected activities of misleading consumers or Travel Agents to the PATH Board of Directors.
- Must not promote or endorse any Travel Agent photo ID card except for IATAN and CLIA, TRUE or Travel Sellers.
- May be subject to an annual renewal background review.
ACCURACY AND COMPLETION
I agree with and understand the requirements for a host agency and to the best of my knowledge have filled out this form completely and accurately.